This week is a really great question! I hope you will join in the fun.
What moment has validated you and made you feel like a writer? If it hasn't happened yet, what do you think it will be?
This is something that I had to sit down and really think about. When did I first feel like a writer? What was my validation? I have been writing for years. In fact the idea for Mortal Obligation first occurred to me while I was still in college (forgive me for not dating myself by telling you how long ago that was!). But when did I finally feel like a writer? Maybe it was when my husband gave me the go ahead to cut back my work hours so that I could focus on getting my book finished. Maybe it was when my best friend looked at me and said, you can do this. Was it when I let some other people read what I had written and instead of wincing or avoiding my eyes they seemed excited? Perhaps it was when I started a Facebook author page, or this blog. Maybe it was when I broke down and did something I swore I would never do- open a Twitter account. In all honesty it was a combination of everything. Not only do I have a complete draft finished that I am busy poking and dissecting, but I have already started outlining the next book. It wasn't any one thing, but a slow realization of self. This is what I am supposed to do, and even when I have my moments of doubt, deep down I know this to be truth.
And one more thing, the one person that has stood behind me every step of the way has been my sister. She pushed me until I could see what she already understood. Thanks, Becca.
Now I want to know when you felt like a writer. Join our hop with these simple rules:
- Follow this blog.
- Follow Elizabeth Sharp, the originator of this hop
- Follow the featured author of the week, VK Tremain.
- Go to Sharp words and copy the image code found there and paste it in your blog. Add your name to the link at the bottom of the post while you are there.
- Copy and paste the rules in your blog, as well as this week’s question.
- Answer the question
- Follow, follow, follow. This is about networking, people, making connections with people in your community. So talk to us. We don't bite!
- If someone stops by, says hi and follows you, the polite thing to do is follow back.
- Comment here and introduce yourself and you just might find a new follower or two.